In Timekit terms, a booking's blueprint define the steps a booking takes through its lifetime - from a customer request a specific timeslot to it's either confirmed, declined or canceled in a resource's calendar.
Timekit offers several blueprints that cover all common use-cases. Building your booking experience with Timekit out-of-the-box, means a number of decisions have to be made with regards to your booking's blueprint:
Select the right booking type
What your blueprint will consist of is strongly dependent on the booking type you choose. This is why you'll need to pick the type that maps best to your booking experience:
- 1-to-1 bookings: This booking type allows customers or bookies to book a specific timeslot with a specific resource.
- Round robin bookings: With this type of booking customers will book a specific timeslot that will be allocated to one random resource in a predefined team of resources.
- Group bookings: This type allows multiple customers or bookies to book the same specific time-slot with a specific resource. As such, each booking resembles reserving a seat, much like a seminar, webinar or a class.
Select the right type of booking confirmation workflow
You'll also have to pick the type of booking confirmation flow that maps best to your booking experience:
- Manuel workflow: With this type of workflow a customer's booking request of a specific timeslot will manually have to be accepted or declined by the resource.
- Automatic workflow: With this type of workflow a customer's booking request of a specific timeslot will automatically be confirmed.
Expand your blueprints
You can easily modify or expand Timekits out-of-the-box blueprints on your end fx. by hooking into webhooks at specific steps.
Learn more about expanding and modifying blueprints with these guides:
- How to catch webhooks from Timekit in Zapier.
- Send custom emails and other notifications with webhooks via Zapier.
- Working with booking workflows on the Timekit API.
Note: Modifying and expanding workflows can in some case require programmatic skills.